S&S Swans for sale
Swan 411/009Swan 411 Hull #009 Oracabessa - year : 1977 - hull colour :White
In sinthesy: SUPERB CONDITION
In every details you will check you will see this is a very special boat, a boat with a soul; she is now looking for next Owner, someone who will be able to keep and sail her as all previous (and current) Owners did. An do love her, because she deserves to be loved.
Oracabessa (winner of the Best Maintained Swan in 2005) is one of the most beautiful and best maintained S&S Swan 411 presently available.
Her first owner was a keen sailor and racer, and wanted a semi-custom S&S Swan optimised by Rod Stephens himself. Under his ownership she won three separate Rolex Swan Cups.
Her subsequent owners Stefano (co–founder of the S&S Swan Association) and his wife Valeria Cioni throughout their 15 year ownership lavished much time and money on her. Most of the work done was by professional shipwrights.
We were very fortunate to purchase Oracabessa in 2016, and have continued to up-grade her.
Here is a list of some of the improvements made to Oracabessa between 2001 and 2016
Hull stripped and painted with International Gelshield - 2008
Hull painted with Awl Grip - 2008
New Teak Deck by Cantiere del Carlo in 2010 (one of the best in Italy. They used a 30 year old dried original Burma teak tree of the same quality originally used by Nautor – with a thickness of 22mm) The deck is still in as new condition with very little wear (2021)
New Nanni Diesel engine 50hp – 2003 and new injectors and water pump in 2013.
New Harken track and battcars on the mast - 2015
New Navtec Hydraulic Backstay and Vang
New Leather upholstery – in the saloon- 2012
New Galley Techimpex cooker – 2012
New Carbon gangway – 2013
New Carbon – Fibre bowsprit -2013
New Fridge by Frigoboat – 2010
Staysail North Sails – never used
Overhaul of the lower section of the mast above deck to include a new stainless steel goose-neck and where the vang attaches to the mast 2016-
Interior professionally varnished between 2009 – 2013
These improvements have been made by current Owners to Oracabessa from 2016 - 2021 inclusive:
- New – Complete pump unit for the Blakes toilet and all toilet hoses replaced
- New – Self Tailing Primary winches – Pontos 52
- New – Four small battcars for the mast.
- New Main Sail Track – Harken and Harken blocks
- New Spinlock jammers added to the mast and port and starboard on deck
- New Harken Tracks for blade jib
- New Spinnaker up/hall and down hall replaced with Harken and Dyneema
- New Carbon Fibre Spinnaker Pole
- New complete set of running rigging (Dyneema) to include Harken blocks and Talisker shackles
- New Harken blocks and Dyneema rope in Boom
- Navtex Hydraulic pump overhauled.
- New Gas hoses
- These new sails –
- Doyle - Spinnaker – 165 -sq m
- Doyle Stratis - Blade jib – 49.85 sq m
- Doyle- Stratis -Genoa – 63 sqm
- New – engine strainer
- New – Exhaust muffler
- New Lee cloths
- New leather – spreaders/ stanchions
- New Jabsco Blower for Engine and hose
- Doyle – Blade Jib – Cruising
- Carbon Fibre Jockey pole
- New Covers for Pipe Cot berths in forepeak
- New curtains/ sun shades for deck lights/aft windows/ middle hatch
- New Whale bilge pump in engine compartment
- New engine exhaust hoses - complete
- New Stainless Steel windows – 6
- New – 3 Stainless Steel Vetus Cowls
- New – engine control on stainless steel plate
- New expansion tank for the cooling system
- New shower fitting/hose
- New – Engine Starter Battery – Gel – Victron 110 amp/h
- New Curtains
- New One Sail Spinnaker – 143 sq m
- New Doyle Asymetric – 137 sq m
- New Doyle Stratis Mainsail – 39.48 sq m
- New Lazy jacks
- New insulation for the engine box
- New Electrical system to include -
- New Main Switch panel designed by Massimo Orlandini with touch screen panel and traditional meters.
- New Victron Multi-plus charger/inverter and ancillary equipment which provides the boat with 220 Volt when the boat is at anchor. There is also 12 volt.
- New sensors installed for the Diesel Tank/ Water Tanks/ engine cooling water syste
- New LED lights in all the cabins.
- New Leather Steering Wheel cover
- New Bimini/summer deck cover/Cockpit cover/ central hatch cover/ mast boot/cockpit satchels / steering wheel cover and winter cover.
- New Harken Self Tailing winch for the main
- New Engine Control Cables
- Gear box removed/ checked / overhauled and all seals replaced
- New Jabsco Water pump
- Complete overhaul of the Mast by a Professional Rigger, Eros Paghera and OSN Rigging to include -the removal and re-bedding of all fittings – including the spreaders / removal and painting of the radar bracket/ new led mast top light/ under spreader led lights/ complete re-wiring of the mast/ new wind sensor etc
- New Rod – Rigging for forestay, lowers and intermediates and backstay in Dyeform and intermediate forestay/cable core material dyneema SK99/anti-chafe dyneema.
- New wiring throughout the mast and new junction box in the saloon for these electrics.
- Overhaul of the boom
- New hydraulic hose for the Hydraulic Navtex.
- Vang and Hydraulic Backstay sent to OSN Rigging and fully serviced with new seals etc
- New - Ubi – Maior Jiber and Dyneema furling line
- New – 5 Service Batteries – Gel - Victron 110 amp h
- New 120 amp Alternator
- New Storm jib – One Sail
- Webasto Heater – completely overhauled with a new burner system/stainless steel exhaust hose and insulation
- New Raymarine ST60 wind instrument and depth instruments.
- New Accumulator pump.
- Furuno Weather Fax/ Navtex system installed.
- New Gas/ Carbon Monoxide alarm installed.
- New Stainless steel kitchen Vent – custom made for the boat to prevent any water ingress in bad weather.
- New Lofrans Low Profile anchor winch and circuit breaker switch.
- New 50 metres of 10m anchor chain and 40 metres of anchor warp.
- New Front Navigation Lights.
- New Mattresses in the owners cabin – with added thickness for comfort and covers – combination of Polyurethan foam (8cm) and Memory foam (4cm) – Sunbrella fabric- colour mineral blue chine’ and covers for the seat in the owners cabin and in the upper berths in the saloon.
- Full inspection/service of Propellor shaft and ancillaries to include -
- New – 3 bladed Max Prop
- New Deep Seal Manecraft Seal and New Propellor Seal
- Heat exchanger overhauled.
- Anchor re-galvanised
- New Speed and Depth Transducers
- New One Sail light wind Jib – to optimise racing handicap - not used yet.
- Exhaust elbow and zinc anode renewed.
Raymarine ST 60 wind instruments (depth,log,wind,gps,radar,ais) inside
Raymarine series 3A gps/plotter outside on the pedestal - 2015
VHF Sailor RT 144
Two freshwater tanks – approx 320 litres
Diesel Tank – 2013 gasoil 180 litres
Avon 6 person Life Raft – new Service 2021.
We also still have the original cowls/windows/main switch panel/main sail track and blocks which will go with the boat.
Oracabessa comes with an extensive set of Safety Equipment/dinghy and Honda outboard/Swimming ladder/ Engine Spares/spare anchor/anchor warp and other spares/ Mainsail North Sails (designed by Guido Cavalazzi) etc.
Reluctantly for sale for a good reason.
Price Euro 140,000
Present Location : Mediterranean Sea – Tuscany (on the hard)
For more information and photographs (fifth pics shows matteo salamon, olin stephens and Oracabessa's previous Owner Stefano Cioni) please contact Ben Van Dijke at email@example.comBen van Dijke
Location: Tuscany (Marina di Scarlino)
Contact owner: firstname.lastname@example.org