Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan General - Swan 43 - main hatch
17 June 2013 - 20:31

Swan 43 - main hatch
I have noticed that the Swan 43 No. 42 listed for sale on this site has an offset companion way / main hatch. It would seem that most if not all other Swan 43s have companion ways on the centre line? The S&S plans only show a centre line entry from the cockpit.

Was this a one off custom build for the purchaser, are there others? I presume this was done for a wider Quarter berth?

01 July 2013 - 16:14

Dear Don,

Good catch!  I had not noticed the offset companionway until I read your message and viewed the Yachtworld.com posting.  I cannot really comment about this, however, I can say that I have original deck layout plans for a 43, not my 43 unfortunately, that show a hatch where the companion way would normally be and an opening, ostensibly as an entry way for the cabin, forward of this hatch.  The plan is marked special request or something to that effect.  My point is that I expect that Nautor could modify the boats to clients' special requests and in the case of America, this may have been done. 

I would contact the seller and ask if they know and if it has been a beneficial change.

On a separate note, I was fortunate to sail on a member's 43 this weekend - what a great boat!

Good luck.

Chris 

• Threads : 1706
  • Members: 821
  • Online Members: 1