Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan General - Fuel plug
03 September 2014 - 15:52

Fuel plug
Last month I was very disappointed to find one morning that some stupid person had stolen the plug of the deck fuel port. No possibility that I lost it, the day before it was screwed in and the inner safety chain was there and strong; just purposedly unscrewed, torn and stolen!
I had to replace the whole assembly with an horrible modern one but now that I am back home I would like to restore the original appearance.
My first questions is: will I be able to find one identical to the original? And then: if not I might be able to reconstruct it in my lab but does any one know the material? Bronze, brass, copper or what else?
Daniel, 411/004

03 September 2014 - 15:59

Dear Daniel,

I am very sorry, and I can't write my feeling in a public forum...

It should be bronze....

Lars?

Fair winds

matteo (38/067 Only You)

04 September 2014 - 11:30

Dear Daniel
Similar comment as Matteo, not suitable for publishing.
Afraid that these fittings are not available any more. If you can make a new plug the recommendation is to use bronze.
Kind regards
Lars

11 September 2014 - 18:32

Hi Daniel,

I would like to express my sincerest condolences on your problem, but there might be hope. Check out
www.ebay.de
Ebay Germany is very active in old boating stuff. Check all items on ‘Bootssport‘ that are on auction once a week or so. You will be astonished about all the interesting stuff that is coming up there. I saw this plug that you are missing a couple of times through the last number of years.

Best regards, Michael / 47013 VERA

• Threads : 1702
  • Members: 820
  • Online Members: 0