Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan Maintenance - Which cooker?
17 September 2014 - 22:29

Which cooker?
It's finally come to the stage where we need to replace our cooker.

I'm not sure what make is currently installed; but have been looking at the Eno Open Sea 3 burner.

Just wanted to see what other people have installed and what they think of them.

Cheers
Adrian
(Tiderace II)

20 September 2014 - 23:13

Hi Adrian,

you might want to have a look at these:

http://www.force10.com/gas_gimballed_3burner.html

We installed a 4 burner on 47/013 back in 2002 and it still looks good and works fine.

Later Swans (?) had Alpes stoves, more beautiful, and better quality, but even more expensive. I do not know, were these can be ordered though. Maybe somebody else at this forum knows where?

Best regards, Michael / 47/013 VERA

06 October 2014 - 13:46

After some searching, a YM cooker review article (if anybody would like a copy please let me know) and being told by one salesman at the Southampton boat show that we wouldn't be able to afford his cookers, (nice cookers, yes I could afford them, but with an attitude like that he wasn't getting my business no matter what) we went for the Eno 3 burner. (Great service from Ely Boat Chandler here in the UK. I have no connection to them, they just gave really good service.)

In the end I'm glad we did.

Having brought it onboard, I measured it up, and it looked like it would fit right in on the existing gimbal mounts. Not believing this could be right I measured again!

A trial fit showed the only difference being that the gimbal pins on the cooker were slightly larger diam. than the ones on the old cooker being removed. 5 minutes with the file on the gimbal mounts sorted this, and I had the new cooker installed, plumbed in and boiling the kettle literally within 30 minutes. I honestly couldn't believe my luck. I was expecting the typical boat maintenance job of at least 1/2 a day, several trips, etc etc!!

Now for the rest of the job list...!

Cheers Adrian
(Tiderace II)

13 October 2014 - 10:20

I replaced mine some ten years ago and fitted a Force Ten 3 burner on my 411. No problems at all and has worked well, no rust etc.
John B
411 010

13 October 2014 - 21:44

I replaced our old Eno on my Swan 41 with a Force 10. I then inherited one when I bought Black Tie and was able to buy many new parts from Force 10. Now Tigris has one which is quite new (2009) and its also a bit "agricultural" in comparison to some others, but they are robust and having good access to parts is really important. Gavin

Tigris galley and Force 10

• Threads : 1702
  • Members: 820
  • Online Members: 0