Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan Maintenance - Electrical panel upgrade on Swan 41
24 May 2017 - 13:52

Electrical panel upgrade on Swan 41

Hi

I'm currently working on upgrading my electrical wiring and gear on my Swan 41.

I'm looking for your advice on setting up the electrical panel with industry standard automatic breakers.

Would you have any advice/ideas etc for me?

Please find enclosed one example photo, what kind of thing I'm aiming for.

24 May 2017 - 14:11

Dear Wphotography,

nice, but why don't you get the breakers as the original ones, which you could easily find on the market?

Last year I did a new switch panel and rewired all electrical system on my S&S Swan Vanessa (see attached photo) and finally decided to stay on the original style. Just an idea!

Fair winds!

matteo (47/069 Vanessa)

Original Switch panel

New Layout, final CAD design

Anodized aluminum panel

24 May 2017 - 14:28

Hi Matteo

Thank you for your view on this.

The reason for going for that type of look is to keep consistent look on it.  There won't be any displays/gauges on this panel, but the Mastervolt Easy5 will be put quite close to the switch board.

Please see rough illustration on the look.

Kind regards,

V-V

30 May 2017 - 03:00

Dear Wphotography,

maybe my idea will help u

when I got my lady, the electric panel was with boat design, but it was made from aluminum anodized, all the breakers was old and aluminum was pitted. It's take me time to think about what material I can use, and I stop on linen phenolic/Bakelite, 

i have two parts both of them open like a door and give me access  to wiring. I use designe drawings for swan 44 .

if u are interesting I can take picture already installed both sides, and can explain how to do it. All job I did by my self.

Fair winds!

odiss (44/02 KIPRIDA)

03 June 2017 - 10:20

Dear Matteo, I like the style of your new electrical panel. Very close to the original layout. Would you please give some information about the brand of the breakers and the aluminium panel?

Best regards

Klaus (38/69 CARISSIMA)

03 June 2017 - 12:31

Dear Klaus,

thanks. I designed the panel by myself with the great help of my technician, Massimo Orlandini, and have it cutted in Genova (I) by a company called "Prada Targhe". I did the design on a cardboard and Massimo put details on a CAD program, so we sent Prada just a file. Next week (I am now onboard without  my computer) I will send you details of both Prada and Massimo.  Panel is a 5 mm thick anodized aluminum, and breakers are Carling!

Fair winds!

matteo (47/069 Vanessa)

19 August 2017 - 08:06

On Swan 44 RepoMan we have chosen to design the new panel also by ourself. Later on it was manufactured by the German company Philippi. We did the new wiring ourselves.

More about this project: https://www.repoman.be/2015/06/25/schakelpaneel-en-bekabeling-aan-boord-vernieuwd

• Threads : 1698
  • Members: 820
  • Online Members: 0