Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

Sail & Rigging - Inside 44 nautor mast
06 September 2017 - 10:53

Inside 44 nautor mast

I was changing mast/decklight for SAFA and I was not 100 % careful .... and the old cable dropped into the mast ... so I don´t know the anatomy of Nautor mast (original), are the electronic wires in their own pipe/hose or freely hanging in the mast? And recomendations and instructions to catch the cable ...

Markku and SAFA

07 September 2017 - 07:51

Dear Markku

All cables run in a PVC tube attached to the inside along the mast forward edge. The success with this task depends very much on how many cables there are in the tube. Fewer cables make the job easier. There may be two tubes if there are many cables.

Pull out the lost cable from the mast lower end, and try to thread in a nylon cable puller into the cable tube at the light level. If this is successful the lost cable can be connected to the puller and pulled back in.

If the cable puller refuses to go in from above, fish out another cable from the cable tube at the light level, disconnect it at the lower end, and use it to pull in two cable pullers from the lower end. Now you can pull in the lost cable, and pull the disconnected cable back down.

Kind regards
Lars

07 September 2017 - 16:31

Thanks prof., now I know the easiest way to the catch ...

Rgds Markku

• Threads : 1698
  • Members: 820
  • Online Members: 0