Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan Maintenance - Replacemant and/or SS replacement deck foot switches for windlass 431
30 July 2018 - 22:54

Replacemant and/or SS replacement deck foot switches for windlass 431

Hi every one .

I need replacements and/or SS replacement deck foot switches for windless on my  431.

They are turned on via a switch on the port side of the anchor locker bulkhead .(The switch I pull out and then a red light  comes on), then I am able to use the deck foot controls (which are above the chain locker) on the forward port side deck. I replaced the origioanl with another exact origional top quality switch .

The two deck switches no longer work .They were origional (I think?) black plastic of some kind (with little hinged circular covers). IMHO they looked crappy anyway.

I will have many many pics soon of the new deck as well !! :D. Its been a big big job  !!! MASSIVE JOB!!! . I interviewd a tonne of "so called pros" in Southern california. Most of them turned out to be useless , full of it BS artists and  liars , had massive BS egoes , wanted to rip me off or fruadsters,  BUT  :D :D I finally  came across an amazing team of tradesmen from Equador . here in Southern caliiforia who are the BEST. 

Total craftsmen , HONEST and great men. They are putting the locals to shame are are incredible. If anyone wants their business contact , please just ask.

The toe rail also came up beautifull. That job I complteted myself with expert oponions and with LARS awesome knowledge of products to use .  

I need replacements and/or SS replacement deck foot switches for windless on my  431. If anyone has links etc, please reply .

Thankyou everyone. Thankyouy Lars and Matteo . YOU are beautiful and so kind and incredible. :D :D :D

Fairwinds

31 July 2018 - 11:09

Dear Diogenes,

if you have some photos of the switches it would help. I imagine it would be difficult to find original spares (unless they have been installed in a later moment by a previous Owner), but hope to be able to help finding a replacement of good quality.

Fair winds!

matteo (47/069 Vanessa)

02 August 2018 - 05:47

Dear Diogenes,

if you have some photos of the switches it would help. I imagine it would be difficult to find original spares (unless they have been installed in a later moment by a previous Owner), but hope to be able to help finding a replacement of good quality.

Fair winds!

matteo (47/069 Vanessa)

Thanks Matteo . I'll get pics this weekend of the windlass and the origional foot switches. They do look very faded but they were still working.after all these years (quite amazing and a testiment to lewmar imho). I include here the foot switches  that I have found online.    

PS: I apploigize if i was posting in the wrong area, I was not quite sure if this is a general or maintenance issue.

I am making , sewing a complete deck cover at present using the sailrite LSZ-1 sewing machine using sinbrella and leather accents etc. Its the first time I have used a sewing machine and I must say the machine is easy to use . If anyone has total deck covers , I sure would like to see some pics and detail pics .

I have put in a copper galley top too if anyone is interested , I cut and bent the sheets myself BUT I am trying to reserch what type of adhesion will be best, adhesion paste or a two pot etc that would allow me to move the copper sheet top around a bit before it goes off would be great. 

The decks are almost done. Huge job and I will have alot of pics of the months of work progress, I am looking for recomendations on what type /mixture of oil protection i should use in the decks though.   Its been so much work .Thats why I am sewing a cover to protect it from the elements. 

Thanks 

The S/S foot switches look nice : 

https://www.lewmar.com/node/11647

07 August 2018 - 07:38

Dear Diogenes,

did you check Andersen or Antal? They have a good choice of quality products, even if Mike's idea of getting a remote control is likely to be the best one. I did so and have a cable connected control (in case my remote gets lost or brokens) too, which has its plug down below (and a very long cable)

Fair winds!

matteo (47/069 Vanessa)

• Threads : 1701
  • Members: 820
  • Online Members: 0