Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan General - Swan 57 - storage of main companionway hatch board
16 September 2020 - 09:21

Swan 57 - storage of main companionway hatch board

Dear All,

I was wondering if anyone could help - on Kairos there seem to be no obvious holder/storage location for the hatch board of the main companionway.

Considering that everything else on our beautiful S&S Swans seems to be well thought through I struggle to believe they forgot to provide a ingenious way to store the hatch board securely somewhere ...

Of course it maybe be just the case that I can't find it for looking or the solution is too ingenious for my limited brain capacity or that a previous owner has removed what was meant to hold the hatch board ...

Kairos has got a single hatch board that's only about 20 cm high so should be no problem to store it securely somewhere convenient, but before we come up with a home-made solution I thought I'd run this past the experts ...

Thank you very much,

Cheers

Stefan

Kairos - 57/43

17 September 2020 - 10:11

Dear Stefan

It is suggested you look at the upper part of the narrow space between the companionway ladder and the longitudinal bulkhead to port. Could a storage be arranged by adding a horizontal and a vertical batten? Would be good if the stowed board is held so it can not flop around when the boat rolls
Kind regards
Lars

17 September 2020 - 10:27

Dear Lars,

thank you very much for your reply - we had thought of something along the lines you suggested.

A holder near the companionway ladder would make most sense as it's within easy reach and out of the way. On the after bulkhead (under the trianglar storage behind the ladder) to the after cabin might also work.

Guess your reponse also means that there wasn't any storage provided by Nautor in the first place, correct?

Will come up with a solution in the winter and provide and update and some photos.

Thanks again and all the best,

Stefan

Kairos - 57/43

• Threads : 1698
  • Members: 820
  • Online Members: 1