Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan General - Pre info of a Swan meeting in mid july 2021 - Elbe / Northsea
13 November 2020 - 20:04

Pre info of a Swan meeting in mid july 2021 - Elbe / Northsea

Hello, there are now 4 swan's that will be arround in july if CORONA does not disturb.

Mike on Stormsvale Swan 40

Jolling on Becca Swan 40

Stefan on Kairos Swan 57

and me, Stefan on World Traveler Swan 411

and all that parners, crew,... that belongs to theese boats.

May there are some more interested to meet up.

Location can be Glückstadt Elbe river, my birthplace and it is a charming town or somewhere  arround.

Stefan, World Traveler 411#02

15 November 2020 - 17:17

Hi Stefan,

this is a great idea - unfortunately, our current plan (subject to Covid measures, as always) means that Kairos will be either sailing in Western Norway or in the Baltic in July.

So the suggested date for a meet in July  is unlikely to work for us, I'm afraid but who knows  - difficultt to plan these days; if things change I will let you know.

Kairos is based in Glueckstadt, too, by the way - usually only for the Winter and start/end of the season though. It is a beautiful town indeed!

Fair winds,

Stefan

Kairos - 57/043

20 November 2020 - 17:03

Hi Stefan et al,

Hopefully it will be a kickoff for our two year in to the Pacific.. looking forward to it. If we don't head out next year we will still attend.

Tony usually organizes a 38 get together... maybewe should Coordinate this... Jutta thought

Fairwinds

Mike

03 April 2021 - 14:32

Hello dear all, my plans to sail over to germany changed due the ongoing situation.

I am planing to do that one season later.

So far, i will be for another season sailing in the carribean sea.

Hope we can do another gathering in 2022

Fair winds, stefan

09 April 2021 - 20:09

Hi Stefan,

thank you very much for the update.

For us, the situation is similar, I'm afraid. Due to the uncertain times making the season virtually unplannable yet again we have taken the decision to utilise 2021 for a refit of Kairos' deck, hull and exterior instead of sailing.

Therefore, as this refit will take all Summer, I regret to report that Kairos won't be able to join a get-together this year either - apologies!

We are looking forward to the 2022 season though!

Fair winds,

Stefan

Kairos - 57/043

18 May 2021 - 17:53

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately we had to decide to stay in the Netherlands this summer and will not join the meeting in Germany in july. Things around the corona situation are too uncertain. We decided to share our holidays at Vlieland (northern Dutch wadden island). We will of course go in our freshly painted Swan 40, Becca and our children wil go by tent. Added a few pictures of the painting work. Still in progress!

• Threads : 1701
  • Members: 820
  • Online Members: 0