Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan Maintenance - Cleaning the water tanks
28 May 2021 - 19:51

Cleaning the water tanks

For the first time I cleaned the three water tanks on the inside. It turned out that they are split into two compartments internally, to reduce water movement. I could therefore only clean half of the tank from a thin brownish film. I assume that by removing the tanks from the boat, sand and shaking could be used to also clean the second compartment. Can anybody recommend another method that requires less effort? There is no second inspection opening to be seen.

We do not drink the water from the tanks, unless it is heated (coffee, noodles, rice etc)

Christian 411/028 IF

30 May 2021 - 10:31

Dear Christian

I would suggest that high-pressure water spray should remove the additional film. For access to the other half of the tank you would, however, need to cut a new handhole in the tank top.
Kind regards
Lars

01 June 2021 - 06:02

Thank you Lars!

I am now checking if I can access the other compartment from inside the tank with a high pressure cleaner. I have found a tip for my Karcher that can do angles and may fit through the internal holes. Cutting a second inspection hole would be the cleanest solution, but is also a bit of a project. 

Kind regards,

Christian

• Threads : 1702
  • Members: 820
  • Online Members: 1