Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan General - Swan 47 toe rail replacement
22 April 2024 - 15:25

Swan 47 toe rail replacement

Dear all, 

Sadly, our Swan 47 CB #46 was hit and damaged by a careless motor yacht driver last weekend while tied up in the marina. On the bright side, no one go hurt and 'only' the aft toe rail on the port side was severely bent (images attached). It still won't be an easy repair and we were getting close to starting our first season after purchasing her last fall and a big refit over the winter. Quite frustrating to say the least!

Now we have the problem of sourcing a replacement toe rail. We followed the multiple forum threads on this topic over the years and unterstand that there might be someone out there who is able to procuce them? We have already contacted Nautor and unfortunately they are not able to supply a replacement for our boat. 

If you have any leads on a supplier or input on how to possibly salvage the damaged rail we would be grateful for any information!

Thank you and fair finds to all!

- Julian

Swan 47 CB #46

22 April 2024 - 15:37

Hi Julian,

Did not know you bought 47/046. Do you still own your 38/010?

Yes, unfortunately the yard apparently throw away all moulds for the toerail, I imagine they are too concentrated to selling brand new yachts and do not care about old Swan and their maintenance problem.

Anyway, the toerail could be repaired (please see our newsletter no. 407/2023), and yes, there is a member of the S&S Swan Association who has a fundry and is now working on the production of a new toerail, with the same original caracteristics as the original one.

Not sure if you mail address is still the same, please send me a message and I will get you in direct connection with our member.

All best,

matteo (47/067 Vanessa)

• Threads : 1707
  • Members: 821
  • Online Members: 0