Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)
| S&S Swan Maintenance - GENOA TRACK |
|---|
|
Join Date: 21 May 2007
Posts: 73 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
GENOA TRACK Hallo, I am the new ownr of Clarion of Skye a S&S 48, 1975 who I have started to refit . The boat is currently in UK where I live but the plan is to bring her back to the med sea (where I came from) next year. I've started a long list of "things to do" which includes a new mast and rigging, full osmosis treatment, new winches ........ The problem I am facing now is related to the two genoa tracks; I can't find a car for them . I have tried old lewmars and Harken but with no success. They are probably the old original T shaped tracks made out of two stainless steel bars kept in place by a long line of bolts fixed on the deck. The internal side of the upper bar is wider than the external one and this - I was told - is due to the fact that on this side they have to be stronger. It also means that probably nautor built special cars to fit this type of track because the above diference is equal all along both tracks. Did any of you experienced the same problem ? Any help/suggestion will be really appreciated. Sergio Clarion of Skye S&S48 |
- Threads : 1804
- Posts : 10761
- Members: 862
- Online Members: 0
