Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan General - New engine
02 June 2007 - 19:01
#1
Join Date: 02 June 2007
Posts: 4

New engine
I'm repowering my 1977 431, and the Beta 2203 - anyone have any experience with these engines? Other possibility is Yanmar...
Any thoughts, pro or con, on the Beta would be appreciated.
thanks,
Richard

11 June 2007 - 13:00
#2
Join Date: 08 June 2007
Posts: 1

I installed a Beta 2203 in my swan 41 as a replacement for the old Perkins 4108 and I am very happy with it.
Less noise, less fuel, more power.
I kept the B&W coaxial gear box and I had no change to make to the engine room .

17 June 2007 - 04:33
#3
Join Date: 02 June 2007
Posts: 4

Thanks Jacques, for you reply. Glad to hear you're happy with the engine. I'm also keeping the old gearbox (with a rebuild).

Richard

  • Threads : 1804
  • Posts : 10761
  • Members: 862
  • Online Members: 0