Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan General - Annapolis Sailboat show and Lewmar winch deal
10 October 2013 - 16:32

Annapolis Sailboat show and Lewmar winch deal

Dear All,

I just spoke with the U.S. office of Lewmar; they are offering a buy 1 - get 1 deal for winches at the Sailboat show in Annapolis, MD.  I have not been yet to verify this information and may not until Monday - I will report back when I know for sure.

Chris  Mabel's Casse Tete  43/003

17 October 2013 - 14:32

Dear All,

As promised, my report about the winches.

The Sailboat show in Annapolis was fantastic - beautiful weather and not crowded!  My son, Alex, and I were on a shopping mission and did not get the opportunity to see many yachts.  We had planned to visit the Swan 80 but there was a line and this yacht seemed to have very little in common with my 43 so we passed.

With regard to winches, we examined Andersen, Harken and Lewmar.  Lewmar did have the "buy one- get one" deal, but that was at list price, so only a discount of approximately 15%.  I was ready to pass when the young salesman (the boss wasn't much help) offered to walk with me and Alex to the Defender booth to see what the real price was.  After a little number crunching, I was able to purchase two all-chrome Ocean series 60s for a savings of 50% off the best internet price.  So, a great deal but not a free winch. 

I really liked the Andersen winches but they didn't have any deals and the best retail price was just too high.  They may be better than Lewmar but I am hoping that the difference is marginal.

Chrome on cast bronze should be pretty good!

Chris Mabel's Casse Tete 003/43

• Threads : 1702
  • Members: 820
  • Online Members: 0