Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan Maintenance - Bow mounting plate renewal?
27 November 2013 - 13:19

Bow mounting plate renewal?

Dear all

I viewed a Swan yacht the other day where the bow mounting plate (in this case made of aluminium) has a lot of corrosion and large marks. I would like to know if anyone successfully has installed a new made of stainless steel. Is this possible to get it from Nautor or is it better to find a blacksmith who can make a copy? Any one dares to guess the cost. (Europe price level).  I would installed myself, though.

Thank you very much for any comments

Bjorn

27 November 2013 - 15:41

Dear Bjorn,

thanks for posting the pics. Looking at them it looks much more a superficial cosmetic problem than a real corrosion, anyway, yes, it could be ordered from Spare Parts at Nautor, which is likely to be quite expensive (or custom made from a good craftmanship), so, in case you buy this boat (is she a 44?) I'd recommend you to dig very well on this one before ordering a new one (which will be stainless steel).

Fair winds!

matteo (38/067 Only You)

29 November 2013 - 15:30

Dear Matteo,

Thank you for your reply!

It is true that it is not deep corrosion and indeed it is a cosmetic issue more than anything. (But we like these machines to shine – don’t we :-) It is not the first thing I will do if I become owner of this yacht. There are many other things that need attention before this boat is ready to leave the port! Yes you are right it is a 44’.

It is good to know that at least it is possible.

Thank you,

Bjorn

• Threads : 1701
  • Members: 820
  • Online Members: 0