Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)
| S&S Swan Maintenance - Bow mounting plate renewal? |
|---|
|
Join Date: 27 October 2013
Posts: 72 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
Bow mounting plate renewal? I viewed a Swan yacht the other day where the bow mounting plate (in this case made of aluminium) has a lot of corrosion and large marks. I would like to know if anyone successfully has installed a new made of stainless steel. Is this possible to get it from Nautor or is it better to find a blacksmith who can make a copy? Any one dares to guess the cost. (Europe price level). I would installed myself, though. Thank you very much for any comments Bjorn ![]() ![]() |
|
Join Date: 29 January 2007
Posts: 1145 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
Dear Bjorn,
|
|
Join Date: 27 October 2013
Posts: 72 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
Dear Matteo, Thank you for your reply! It is true that it is not deep corrosion and indeed it is a cosmetic issue more than anything. (But we like these machines to shine – don’t we :-) It is not the first thing I will do if I become owner of this yacht. There are many other things that need attention before this boat is ready to leave the port! Yes you are right it is a 44’. It is good to know that at least it is possible. Thank you, Bjorn |
- Threads : 1804
- Posts : 10761
- Members: 862
- Online Members: 0


