Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan Maintenance - Bow Pulpit for Swan 40
06 January 2014 - 22:31

Bow Pulpit for Swan 40
It was a dark and foggy night and I didn't intend to be out there entering a strange harbor. My pulpit encountered a day beacon. It has been straightened to be serviceable, but still not in its original configuration. I would like to know where I might obtain the original specifications to have a new one made or possibly just get my current one back to its original shape. Any suggestions as to where I could obtain a drawing for the pulpit and/or have one fabricated? We are currently in Savannah Georgia having sailed down from Connecticut through the Intracoastal Waterway.

Thanks,
Alan

29 January 2014 - 22:57

Hi Alan, I replaced my original last year. Used the basic same design but asked the SS guy to make few personal changes. Taking out the bends at the foot and putting a hole in the foot plate so that the electrical cables could pass through rather than out the side of the tube and through a deck fitting. Ropes always caught the wire and broke the through deck seal. I took the opportunity to also change my stem head roller to fit a new anchor. I made the mistake of not fitting a second bow roller.

30 January 2014 - 00:44

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply. The pulpit on my boat is already wired the way you suggest and the only bends in the foot are a result of the encounter with day beacon.

Thanks,
Alan

• Threads : 1702
  • Members: 820
  • Online Members: 0