Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan Maintenance - Gelcoat, Hull and Deck
04 February 2014 - 19:35

Gelcoat, Hull and Deck
Hi All,

I have an age old question and I know there are several topics on this subject here but I haven't had success yet on finding a proper Product for it.

Nautor Swan in Finland has confirmed with me that the gelcoat used on my boat was Norpol (NP) 200 white.
Their reference in getting this same gelcoat product is from Reichhold, which was called NP 2000.
Unfortunately according to Reichhold, they stopped producing the Norpol gelcoats just recently.

Here are my thoughts. Can anyone think of somebody still maybe carrying this NP 2000 gelcoat? Anybody maybe have left-overs?
I'm also wondering if the Jotun colors would match with the Norpol color codes?
I'm aware through the forum that awlgrip paint 50/50 mix of snow white and off-white matches pretty well but I'd rather find the proper gelcoat for spot repairs instead of paint. The majority of the gelcoat is in really good shape, just some dings here and there which I'd like to work on.
If I can't find the right gelcoat, does anybody know a good gelcoat mixer which is familiar with the Norpol color codes?
I heard good things about the Norpol UV stability so that is why I'd like to go that route but if anybody knows products which are of the same or even better UV stability wise please let me know.
I'm not an expert on gelcoat products but a perfectionist when it comes to restorations.
Any advise is appreciated.

Thank you,
Wolfgang

05 February 2014 - 12:01

Hi Wolfang,
This year I will regelcoated my swan 44 with Reichold 2000 that replace the original Jotun 200 as Lars dixit .
By Maurizio

05 February 2014 - 21:40

Hi Wolfang, This year I will regelcoated my swan 44 with Reichold 2000 that replace the original Jotun 200 as Lars dixit . By Maurizio

Maurizio,

Do you have an idea where to purchase the Reichhold NP Gelcoat then?

I called Reichhold and they stopped making the Norpol gelcoats and do not sell them anymore.

Regards,
Wolfgang

06 February 2014 - 15:20

Hi Wolfang,
I have asked to my yard for your problem. I am waiting for an answer.
By Maurizio

08 February 2014 - 07:51

Hi Wolfgang

We are at this time buying direct from a manufacturer in Italy
you can see the address on the can, maybe they will ask you to contact a retail supplier if you only require a small quantity.

I have also used this product on our 41 (Callisto 1) you can see more on our website if you send a personal message as this forum is not for advertising.
With regards
Ron

Norpol Gel

11 February 2014 - 10:39

Hi Wolfang,
The yard give me the same address Written in the can.
By Maurizio

• Threads : 1701
  • Members: 820
  • Online Members: 0