Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan Maintenance - Jockey pole
03 July 2014 - 16:48

Jockey pole
Dear all,
The release line for the jockey pole got torn, see the enclosed pic. The stainless screws are frozen in the aluminum, and I thought the best way to resolve would be to drill out the rivets in the cover just to the left of where the line enters the pole. Any thoughts on this? What will I find when the cover is removed?

Kind rgds,
Terje.

03 July 2014 - 19:42

Dear Terje
Afraid the thin plate to the left is the Manufacturer's Plaque, but the text has faded away. If so there is no opening behind it.
Probably the outboard end fitting has to be removed for release line replacement.
Various remedies for frozen screws have been suggested earlier on the Forum.
Kind regards
Lars

04 July 2014 - 12:30

Terje!
To repair the release wire you have to uninstall the pole end. I had to do this last winter. I got the stainless screws loose using an impact screwdriver. Only the hexagon socket set screw of the lock assemble had to be drilled away and replaced with a larger one.
Attached please find a couple of pictures of the parts you will find inside the pole.
Best wishes
Jyrki (Infant 38/014)

03 August 2014 - 21:55

Good to see that you can disasemble the end of the jockey pole in parts. 2 yeard ago i removed the end because the stainless pin dit not move anymore. Unfortunately i was not able to remove the black aloy pipe that holds the stainless pin.

How did you disasemble the end of the jockey pole in separate parts?

Kind regards,

Paul

18 August 2014 - 13:20

Dear Paulus,
I am sorry for the delay in answering. We were sailing.
It is just the hexagon socket set screw that fixes the black alloy pipe and the whole lock assemble on place.
All the best
Jyrki (Infant 38/014)

• Threads : 1702
  • Members: 820
  • Online Members: 0