Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)
| S&S Swan General - 4th S&S Swan Rendez-vous - your opinion requested |
|---|
|
Join Date: 29 January 2007
Posts: 1145 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
4th S&S Swan Rendez-vous - your opinion requested |
|
Join Date: 21 May 2007
Posts: 73 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
I have just joined the club and therefore I never participated to any rendez-vous but I am looking forward for the next one. It looks like a very nice event and the Tuscany archipelago is in my opinion a very good choice. What about adding a "long" race of about 200 nm (one night out at sea)? Sergio (Clarion of Skye 48/42) |
|
Join Date: 29 January 2007
Posts: 1145 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
yes, it is a very good idea, and we'll dig more carefully on this matter, even if in the Med, in night times and mostly in June, it's likely to be absolutely calm of wind. We could start from Scarlino, spend a night in Marciana Marina, get a long race around Capraia, then finish the RV in Punta ala... I already wrote to Yacht Club in Marciana Marina (Elba) and Punta Ala), but as far as now nobody replied...! |
|
Join Date: 16 February 2007
Posts: 199 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
Hello Matteo and hello everyone, The end of June is far better a period than the end of August. The traveling rendez-vous sounds interesting. I also agree that longer legs are desirable. I hope that it is OK to voice an opinion even if I never had the chance, yet, to participate any S&S rendez-vous. I am hoping to be able to sail my boat to the med this summer (08) and, of course, participating in the rendez-vous. Cheers Philippe
|
|
Join Date: 29 January 2007
Posts: 1145 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
suggested schedule:
|
|
Join Date: 16 February 2007
Posts: 199 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
Hello again Matteo and everyone! A question: is it necessary to organise our meetings in italian waters only, or can they be organised in other places? I can find many reasons why it is more convenient to have the venue in the Italian waters, and, personally, I do love the idea. However, the thought of alternatives crossed my mind. For example, would it be concievable to combine the suggested route with a longer run such as a friendly race to Corsica and back? Is it realistic? If it is feasible, it would certainly create an exciting event. Cheers Philippe (Farouche) |
|
Join Date: 29 January 2007
Posts: 1145 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
Dear Philippe and S&S Friends, the problem is not only the money (I am spending my own to travel, etc for the RV) but even with the organization. I have to deal with it in my spare time (from time to time I have to deal with real life and not only with beautiful boats!). To organize the Rendez-vous means dealing with a lot of people in different places, most of them are burocrats (...), and believe me is not easy at all. This is what I can do here, but if there is someone who has time to help me is very welcome! Fair winds! matteo (38/067) |
|
Join Date: 02 February 2007
Posts: 203 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
Hello eryone! We have never participated until now, but we also believe that the end of june is a much better period than end of August, for weather reasons and also because young grand children might still be at school (!). It looks as though some members are very much racing oriented, and with long night legs on top of it! We are not sure this is very realistic as there is most of the time very little wind away from the coast at night when the weather is fair... As a conclusion we would be perfectly happy with day friendly races (as Matteo expressed it) Kind regards to everyone. Philippe Soeur Anne Swan 41 |
|
Join Date: 29 January 2007
Posts: 1145 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
OK, it may be: Scarlino (day 1), Marciana Marina (day 2) ??? (day 3) and Scarlino (day 4) ![]() |
|
Join Date: 29 January 2007
Posts: 1145 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
... and a party, or cocktail or similar every night...!!! ![]() |
|
Join Date: 05 February 2007
Posts: 102 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
... and a party, or cocktail or similar every night...!!! Hello Matteo and Everyone! And Happy New Year to all.
|
- Threads : 1804
- Posts : 10761
- Members: 862
- Online Members: 0


