Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan Maintenance - Replacement Floor Ring-Pulls
31 May 2015 - 06:45

Replacement Floor Ring-Pulls
Hi All,

Most of the original chrome-plated brass ring-pulls on the flooring of my Swan 43 (Firebrand II, 41) have been badly corroded or otherwise damaged (see below), or have been replaced by stainless steel fittings. Unfortunately, the stainless steel fittings are about 2 mm shorter than the originals and these are the only ones that I have been able to source locally.

Is it still possible to obtain replacements for the original fittings? Alternatively, does anyone know of cast stainless steel fittings that are of the same dimensions as the originals or, if necessary slightly larger? Having to fill a 2 mm gap at each fitting is not my ideal solution.

Best regards
Andrew
(Firebrand II, 43/41)

31 May 2015 - 07:56

Dear Andrew,
try this:

http://www.toplicht.de/de/shop/innenbeschlaege/griff-und-bodenheber/bodenheber

I found some that were exactly the same measures as ours, but of course I am never sure whether what we had was original ...
Fair winds and deep water, Martin

31 May 2015 - 08:01

Dear Andrew,
try this:

http://www.toplicht.de/de/shop/innenbeschlaege/griff-und-bodenheber/bodenheber

I found some that were exactly the same measures as ours, but of course I am never sure whether what we had was original ...
Fair winds and deep water, Martin

What I forgot to say: I can help with the language and/or the order procedure. And the model you are looking at comes in either brass or in chromed brass.
Martin

31 May 2015 - 14:15

Hi Martin,

Thank you so much for your help. No need to translate as Toplicht have an English version of their catalogue.

They have chrome plated brass ring pulls that are 2 mm longer than those available here in Australia. They should be a perfect fit.

Fantastic !!!

Thanks again
Andrew
(Firebrand II 43/041)

• Threads : 1702
  • Members: 820
  • Online Members: 1