Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)
| S&S Swan General - Position of the multifunction display in the cockpit |
|---|
|
Join Date: 18 February 2011
Posts: 26 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
Position of the multifunction display in the cockpit |
|
Join Date: 23 October 2011
Posts: 155 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
Hi, I think it might help much if you can send a picture of the arch on top of your wheel pedestal. My opinion is that the best and easiest solution would be a bracket mounted in such a way that you can swivel the instrument right and left, up and down, so that you have always the best visibility, sitting or standing, at port or starboard. In case, I will show you my bracket in s/s, made to measure and very unexpensive, regards, |
|
Join Date: 06 January 2012
Posts: 75 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
Hi, here's my solution at CAID (431-12). The MFD's 12" latest B&G.
![]() ![]() |
|
Join Date: 16 February 2007
Posts: 199 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
Hello GG...
Cockpit view General view |
|
Join Date: 22 June 2015
Posts: 3 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
Hello IHe,
|
|
Join Date: 06 January 2012
Posts: 75 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
Hello Henri,
![]() |
|
Join Date: 16 May 2009
Posts: 252 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
I had a new fwd steering bearing holder machined out of aluminum - the change was to extend a rectangular tab vertically upward a couple of inches, with 4 tapped holes, to allow mounting of a Navslide quick mount. This provides perfect look at the helm, then the display can be rotated )and locked down) for viewing from either cockpit seat...it's sweet - compact, no big new parts. Display is Furuno MFD8....you can see it all in this shot, if you zoom in - ![]() |
|
Join Date: 31 January 2007
Posts: 56 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
Dear friends,
|
|
Join Date: 01 February 2007
Posts: 234 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
Have you considered having your main screen down below and having a tablet on deck linked through wifi. Much cheaper!
|
|
Join Date: 29 January 2007
Posts: 1145 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
Dear John,
|
|
Join Date: 18 February 2011
Posts: 26 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
After thinking a bit ' of time for a solution , I started work rate , what is not definitive , but I can still assess changes . I think it will lower the vertical frame of a few centimeters . To post a picture of what I'm doing . We accept suggestions .
|
|
Join Date: 18 February 2011
Posts: 26 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
I put two more photos |
|
Join Date: 19 July 2007
Posts: 68 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
Hi ggaliza.
|
|
Join Date: 12 November 2011
Posts: 16 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
A few pictures of how I have solved it |
- Threads : 1804
- Posts : 10761
- Members: 862
- Online Members: 0





