Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)
| S&S Swan General - Thicknes of roof laminate Swan 41 |
|---|
|
Join Date: 19 January 2025
Posts: 16 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
Thicknes of roof laminate Swan 41 Hi, I am insatalling a Stelton Kerosen cabin light with a roof hanger. I plan to have that SS hanger welded on a circular SS plate and insulate it with heatshield sheet material. To choose the right length of screws, I would be glad to know the approx thickness of the roof laminate inorder not to risk piercing it on upper side, deck. I am doing all sorts of maintenance, refit, upgrades on the Swan 41 Juliet who is hull number 001. I can get the feeling that there are small details which are a bit prototyped on hull number 1. The more I work on her the deeper I feel the depth of engineering and craftmanship. Best regards, Robert Rosenzweig |
|
Join Date: 27 January 2011
Posts: 166 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
Hi Robert, for the 411 I have a deck lamination plan. It shows where the laminate is solid vs sandwich. I would assume a similar document exists for the 41. I do not see the thickness on the plan. Below is an excerpt from the 411 plan. Regards, Christian 411/028 IF
![]() |
|
Join Date: 27 January 2011
Posts: 166 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
...you can take the length of the screws with which the electrical lights are fixed for guidance. Regards, Christian |
|
Join Date: 19 January 2025
Posts: 16 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
Many thanks Christian! Thanks for the roof plan. The idea to check the screw for electrical roof lamp is great. My guess if that the foam is minimum 15 mm, probably 20 mm plus the glassfiber thickness of the inner laminate of 2 mm. I just a feww mm to get a solid grip in the inner laminate. The delivery lead time for fabrication of the hanger welded on the heatshield plate takes a few weeks, promise to post a foto :) Best regards, Robert |
- Threads : 1804
- Posts : 10761
- Members: 862
- Online Members: 0

