Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan General - Engine control panel badly needs replacement
02 May 2025 - 10:15
#1
Join Date: 07 April 2025
Posts: 47

Engine control panel badly needs replacement

Is the GRP moulding this engine panel is mounted in a standard part that can be bought, or was it a moulding from Swan?

 

Thanks in advance for all the answers I'm getting to my numerous questions! Much appreciated.

02 May 2025 - 16:42
#2
Join Date: 29 January 2007
Posts: 1145

Dear Sweyn,

it's been custom made in Nautor's Swan, but the panel is not original.

matteo (47/069 Vanessa)

02 May 2025 - 18:41
#3
Join Date: 07 April 2025
Posts: 47

Thanks Matteo, I thought it probably was. The engine panel is a Beta one to go with the Beta 38 she now has. I guess I'll have to tidy it up then. 

05 May 2025 - 19:25
#4
Join Date: 20 July 2017
Posts: 148

Hi Sweyn

At Kairos, the engine control panel is in the coaming on starboard with a similar GRP/Gelcoat inset. The Gelcoat was badly cracked (hairline only, not structural) around the holes for the various buttons etc - we had it refurbished and it looks as new now.

Yours will look great after it had a little tlc, I am sure.

Fair winds,

Stefan

SY Kairos (57/043)

09 May 2025 - 00:14
#5
Join Date: 07 April 2025
Posts: 47

Thanks Stefan.

  • Threads : 1804
  • Posts : 10761
  • Members: 862
  • Online Members: 0