Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan Maintenance - Sheets and halyards on a 411
22 June 2026 - 09:29
#1
Join Date: 30 January 2007
Posts: 467

Sheets and halyards on a 411

I need to renew a number of sheets & halyards on my 411 and I wonder if someone has already a list of all the lines with specifications: length and breaking load.

The urgent ones are:

Genoa (130%) sheet and, Main halyard.

The boat has no whatsoever modification excluding the masthead sheaves which are now for textile halyards only.

Thankyou to whoever can help.

Daniel, 411/004 Luna Menguante

02 August 2026 - 17:38
#2
Join Date: 27 January 2011
Posts: 166

Dear Daniel,

I saw your message only now, so you may already have new lines. I am taking the approach to renew one or two rigging lines each season, and I have already renewed most of the lines. Regarding the genoa sheets, I took 40m of Lyros Hercules Color 16mm in blue. We previously had 14mm sheets but they slipped on the old genoa winches in the self tailing mechanism. I left the line in one pieche, using https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buntline_hitch as the knot at the genoa, which is neat, but requires patience at the end of the season when undoing the knot.

Kind regards,

Christian 411/028 IF

  • Threads : 1804
  • Posts : 10761
  • Members: 862
  • Online Members: 0