Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

Keel Bolts and General Topics on Keel - 1977 Swan 57 Keelbolt Replacement
21 July 2026 - 17:35
#1
Join Date: 14 November 2012
Posts: 5

1977 Swan 57 Keelbolt Replacement

Hi All--

I have at least one keelbolt that will need to be replaced. Has anyone done this repair?

I'm assuming the bolts are cast into the lead?

Thanks for any advice; I'm still trying to get my head around this.

22 July 2026 - 10:28
#2
Join Date: 29 January 2007
Posts: 1145

Hi Ryan,

correct, they are casted into the keel.

Could you please post some pics of the keel bolt you are referring to?

All best,

matteo (47/069 Vanessa)

22 July 2026 - 20:12
#3
Join Date: 14 November 2012
Posts: 5

Sure. Find attached the worst one we've uncovered so far.

I'm having a very hard time finding anyone that can repair this in the US; historically MarsKeel did this in Canada, but they no longer work with lead repairs, and I Brookfield & Sons in RI is no longer in business.  

What I really need are any internal diagrames or dimensional drawings; I am worried that I may have to recast.

Thanks in advance!

-Ryan

worst keelbolt swan 57

22 July 2026 - 21:59
#4
Join Date: 29 January 2007
Posts: 1145

sent a drawing, check you mail box,

matteo

  • Threads : 1804
  • Posts : 10761
  • Members: 862
  • Online Members: 0