Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)
| S&S Swan General - Pros and cons buying a classic Swan 36 from 1970 |
|---|
|
Join Date: 10 November 2008
Posts: 2 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
Pros and cons buying a classic Swan 36 from 1970 Hello I am considering to buy a classic Swan 36 from 1970. It seems to be a beautiful sailing yacht. However I would like to ask the forum if there is something I should know – pros and cons – technically and sailing vise. Is this as strong built yacht as I think or is there any general hidden problems or challenges I should be aware of. By the way your website classicswan.org and S&S Swan Association is just perfect. I will surely register if I end up buying a Swan Yacht. Terje |
|
Join Date: 29 January 2007
Posts: 1145 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
Dear Terje |
|
Join Date: 29 October 2008
Posts: 14 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
Well, at least check the integrity of the deck, rust on the mast foot besides all regular checkpoints. Which 36 is it you are looking for? br, niklas |
|
Join Date: 28 March 2007
Posts: 5 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
Dear Terje,
|
|
Join Date: 10 November 2008
Posts: 2 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
Hello again I appreciate the information in this forum. However due to the financial situation in our country right now and consequently quite an unstable market situation for things like this I will probably wait a couple of months to see how the market works on the price on this yacht. Terje |
- Threads : 1804
- Posts : 10761
- Members: 862
- Online Members: 0
