Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan Rendez-vous and Regattas - Atlantic rendez-vous
04 March 2009 - 17:32

Atlantic rendez-vous
Every two years, a splendid Mediterranean « Rendez-vous » is organized in Italy.
It is difficult for the boats sailing in Channel or Atltantic to take part regularly in these.
I don't know how many Swan owners who are also members of this forum are in Channel or Atlantic, but if there are enough, it would be great to have a regatta or owners rendez-vous on this side. Is there any interest?
Having organized a “Rassemblement STEPHENS” in La Trinité in 2004, I will be interested by the organization of such a « Rendez-vous » for the traditional Swans.
Would there be owners of Swan interested by a « Rendez-vous » in the Atlantic at La Trinité sur mer ?
Yvon GUEGAN "KALLINIRA" Swan 41 N° 40

11 March 2009 - 13:13

Dear all

Some interesting information in French about Nautor and Swan 41-040 can be found at:

http://www.transatclassique.com/fr/les-participants/tableau-inscrits/kallinira.asp

There is a slight mistake in the information about Swan 36, it was hull number 003 which was very successful in the hands of Dave Johnson.

Hull 001 Tarantella has spent her entire time in Finland and Sweden, and has been bought back by Nautor in December 2003.

Lars

11 March 2009 - 17:18

Dear Professor,
We indeed took part in this transatlantic race (Transat Classique Lagassée) and we finished eighth of the second phase. The boat remarkably behaved. We did not break anything. Herewith a small photographic assembly of the boat, the crew and life at sea….
Yvon

16 March 2009 - 12:18

Monsieur Guégan,

I think that your initiative is ecellent and I encourage you to persist. Such an even might perhaps be attractive even for people in the south of Scandinavia. La trinité sur mer is such an agreable place and, if I recall well from my last visit, there are a number of Sparkman & Stevens Swans there!

Meilleures salutations

Philippe

Swan47/50

16 March 2009 - 16:58

Dear friends,
I think that your idea is very good and strongly encourage it but, since you are at the beginning, I suggest that you organize Atlantic Rendez-Vous on alternating years without overlapping the dates of the Med Rendez-Vous of our friend Matteo.
To date Matteo's R-V's were held on odd years, you should plan to hold them on even years.
There would be a double advantage: no overlap and allow adventurous sailors to have fun every year by commuting between the Med and the Atlantic!

Regards
Daniel, 411-004

27 August 2009 - 22:17

Yvon Guegan's idea looks to me to be a great suggestion and I would be highly supportive if enough S&S Swan owners are interested by an Atlantic RV. Obviously Daniele is right: the Atlantic RV should occur every second year in order to avoid any conflict between the Atlantic RV and the Mediterraneen one.
With Yvon Guegan we are now two proud owners of S&S 41 based in La Trinite with is a great place to organise races. There are also other Swans (from top of my head I could mention the name of at least 4 others: Delnic, Dominic, Kaier, Pamina). I must admit not all of them are S&S designed Swans. However we could make an exception and We may invite them as well to increase the number of participants. For what it is worth...
As a first time user of this site, congratulations to Matteo who is doing a fantastic job in welcoming new members and enabling them to share ideas through this forum!

21 September 2009 - 01:11

Every two years, a splendid Mediterranean « Rendez-vous » is organized in Italy. It is difficult for the boats sailing in Channel or Atltantic to take part regularly in these. I don't know how many Swan owners who are also members of this forum are in Channel or Atlantic, but if there are enough, it would be great to have a regatta or owners rendez-vous on this side. Is there any interest? Having organized a “Rassemblement STEPHENS” in La Trinité in 2004, I will be interested by the organization of such a « Rendez-vous » for the traditional Swans. Would there be owners of Swan interested by a « Rendez-vous » in the Atlantic at La Trinité sur mer ? Yvon GUEGAN "KALLINIRA" Swan 41 N° 40

I took part with Melody Blue 4 (swan 431/05) in the SS rendez-vous that Yvon had organised in la Trinité sur Mer back in June 2004; the whole thing was simply superb, brilliantly organised and very friendly. If Yvon could do it again for SS swans owners, it would be too good to be true. I will be there of course. fait winds to all, Jean-Paul Deloffre

• Threads : 1706
  • Members: 821
  • Online Members: 0