Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan Rendez-vous and Regattas - New York Association Dinner
25 January 2011 - 12:19

New York Association Dinner
Dear Friends,

yesterday we had a wonderful evening at the New York Yacht Club, 53 Swan owners came to New York from Europe and from many American States and most of them arrived just not to miss this Association event.

I would like to thank them all for taking so many trouble just to be here. We met old friends and had the possibility, after many years to speak each other face to face and not just over a computer screen, that was wonderful!

The NYYC was a fantastic location and of course everybody loved it, we had dinner in the Commodore's room and afterwords visited the Model Room, we could hear Scott Kaufman (he actually draw the lines of the Swan 47) talking about what meant to him to work with Rod and Olin Stephens, that was facinating!

A dream became true!

A special thanks to my dear friend Juan Corradi (Swan 38/019 Pirate) for taking so many trouble helping in the dinner organization, he has been my link to the NYYC in the past months!

Next week I will be back home and I will post some photos, so please come back again to see them!

Thank you to everybody, see you in Marciana Marina in June 29th!

Fair winds!

Matteo (38/067 Only You)

26 January 2011 - 03:39

Matteo:

As a new owner, I was very happy to be able to attend this dinner, and get to meet so many new friends. As more than one person said to me, it is easy to make friendships when you begin with a shared passion - for these wonderful boats. I personally want to thank you for your hard work in organizing this dinner, and to all the others too who traveled so far to come. It was a memorable event for me which I will not soon forget. Besides the dinner, visiting the Sparkman and Stephens offices today was also a real treat, to see the actual design drawings for my boat, how things were adjusted and changed as production went along, it was great. So, once more, thank you very much, and have a safe trip home.

Geoff McLaughlin
Corazon 411 #41

30 January 2011 - 13:48

Dear Friends,

here you are, please open classicswan.org home page and click on "photogallery", then click again on "S&S Swan Events" (http://www.classicswan.org/photogallery_events.php) and you can see I have added a few photos from the New York Yacht Club Dinner, some will be added later.

Fair winds!

Matteo (38/067 Only You)

02 February 2011 - 15:46

Dear S&S Swan 2011 NYYC Dinner Participants,

a stainless steel plaquette "memento" of our 2011 Dinner, should be available soon.

If you are interested in getting it, please contact me ASAP

Fair Winds!

Matteo (38/067 Only You)

02 February 2011 - 22:57

God evening Matteo
Thank you for that. Please, order a "memento" plaque for us and for Farouche.

Cheers//Philippe

01 April 2011 - 15:47

Matteo,
I just received the plate from the NYYC dinner. Is there some way I can pay for this using PayPal? That would certainly simplify and speed up the payment process. Thanks.

• Threads : 1706
  • Members: 821
  • Online Members: 2