Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan General - Tribute to the Professor
06 December 2013 - 11:52

Tribute to the Professor

I know from a reliable source that someday in this month it is 40 years ago that Nautor Swan decided to hire Lars Strom. I think we all agree that that was a brilliant move!  I don’t think they could have found a more dedicated and knowledgeable person to work for them.

As we all still benefits from his concise, detailed and wide covering knowledge I would like to use this forum to give a thumps-up to Lars and say thank you for the contribution to the Swan owners.

The fact that we have direct access to communicate with one of the key persons involved in the production of our lovely yachts (Well – I don’t own one yet. But that is only a matter of time) is very unique. No other yacht or car enthusiasts have that luxury and can only be jealous on us.

Lars  -  Många många tack!

Kind Regards,

Bjorn

06 December 2013 - 15:02

We agree wholeheartedly with Bjorn‘s words. The professor is the best.

Thank you very much from Britta and Michael / 47013 / VERA

06 December 2013 - 16:18

Yes, we are blessed indeed, every best wish to Lars, with sincere appreciation and thanks.

Rob. Sarabande 47/029.

06 December 2013 - 16:20

Dear Lars, your suggestions are precious.
I am glad to have known through this post an invaluable person.
And I love more my swan because of you!

Matteo 47/016 Grampus

06 December 2013 - 16:39

Thank you Bjorn for sharing this news with us!

I am extremely grateful to Lars, he's been of incredible help since I have both Only You, his unselfish help has been extremely precious to me, and I admire the total commitment he gets in helping all S&S Swan Ass. members.

Thanks Lars, you are # 1 !!!

Fair winds!

matteo (38/067 Only You)

06 December 2013 - 17:46

Very well said, Bjorn

Lars' expertise and his eagerness to share it are an invaluable resource to all of us. It is in no small part due to him that our old boats are able to continue to live on as they do

Tonyh 44 004 Hatha

06 December 2013 - 20:57

Thank You, Lars.

You are one to be celebrated today (6. december).

Kimmo

06 December 2013 - 21:08

I agree also!

The Professor has been an unbelievable wealth of knowledge and support for all of us Swan owners.

We are all very fortunate to have this resource.

Hiro
Swan 43/46

06 December 2013 - 22:18

No Olin and Rod without Lars. All three a role model, in different ways.

Christian

06 December 2013 - 22:27

I am in the ninth place because I opened the computer only now but I wish I was in the first place...
He is one of the few persons whose advices: I ask for, I expect with curiosity and fully trust!!!!! In Italy we say: "his words are as valuable as melted gold".
Daniel, 411/004

06 December 2013 - 23:59

Lars, many congratulations on your 40th anniversary. It makes our 27 years of S&S Swan ownership look rather short!
All of us on Tigris really appreciate the help you have given over many years - the value of your advice is enormous.

Very best wishes, Gavin & Nicki

Tigris at the 2013 Elba rendevous

07 December 2013 - 04:07

Such a great thought!

Cpuld not agree more... This is probably the only place where you can find good feed back, great idea and wonderful support from the men who share his passion and the love he gave to this Brand.

By the way wonderful article on the Sail magazine US about the Swan and particularly to the first generation of SS design.

Lars thank you so much for having contributed so meticulously to one of the best recognized brand in the world and in my eyes the best design/ boat around.

I am proud to own a piece of this magical era...

Vincent
SS 38

07 December 2013 - 11:51

I agree!
Lars is - and I guess not only to me but to many on this forum - not only an invaluable source of advice and wisdom but much more. Something between a friend or family member that I just have never met in person and some sort of divine being that actually answers (and what's more, does so promptly, kindly and most of all clearly). Fourty years ago ... that is when our boat was built. What a thought!
Bjorn, thanks for finding out and sharing - just the right occasion to say something I have felt for a long time.
Martin

07 December 2013 - 13:28

Lars

Not much to add other than you have been an amazing help to us on StormSvale. From my first contact with you in 1999 to today you have always been there to answer those tough questions and keep us sailing. Meeting you in Finland was a high point for me. I hope to see you again next year to tell you how well our lady handled the Atlantic yet again and of course to see you at Nautors Anniversary assuming they hold it in 2016.

Thanks Lars, YOU are the Professor!!!!!

MIke

07 December 2013 - 15:34

Professor -

I think you know where I stand and how I feel. Thank you for everything - and best wishes for many happy and healthy years to come enjoying boats and keeping them right....

Geoff McLaughlin, WI USA, Corazon, 411 #41

07 December 2013 - 16:36

Dear Professor,

You know how much I value your advice and your friendship through our private correspondences but sharing these thoughts with our wonderful friends on this forum is a worthy endeavor. I have stated before that without your help, I would have sold my boat long ago - that's a true statement! The project continues and, with it, so does my knowledge as I read your notes. So, thank you!

This project, taken on by me with my sons , was primarily a way to spend time with my boys and it has succeeded in that regard. So, not only has your help been invaluable in the boat restoration, it has also provided the support necessary to keep the momentum up when it was flagging which, ultimately, has helped me accomplish the true goal - time with my sons. The worth to a Dad of that help cannot easily be measured! So thank you again!

Finally, you ears are probably burning all the time (an American saying that means people are talking about you - maybe European as well) since I talk about you on a regular basis!

Thanks for everything!

Chris Mabel's Casse Tete 43/003

07 December 2013 - 18:35

Dear All
What a surprise to see all these nice posts on the Forum! Thank you very much!
A big part of the credit should go to Matteo who enables this communication, which will attract the 500th member any day.
According to the yard records a total of 858 S&S Swans were built, although all do not exist any more. The majority of them are listed within the Association, this is remarkable.
Suggested to Matteo that he consider publishing a short presentation of me, as I feel some of you would like to know more about the person behind the name.
Wishing you a pleasant end of the year, and best regards
Lars

08 December 2013 - 21:14

Dear Members of S&S Swan Association,

Lars is too generous, as always…!

Anyway, in a few days I will have a presentation and some article on our fabulous friend Lars, and will send it ONLY to Members of the S&S Swan Association (sorry, won't send to Friend of the Association), so, if you are a Full member (e.g. Owner of a S&S Swan), please send me an email and I will send the presentation

Fair winds!

matteo (38/067 Only You)

09 December 2013 - 06:25

That sounds very appropriate Matteo.
Please send me a copy when you are ready.

Thanks,

Hiro

09 December 2013 - 06:44

While we have not been part of the association as long as many others, after joining we soon became aware of the unique and wonderful presence and wisdom of the Professor.  It would certainly be an honor to meet Lars in person sometime. In the meantime, we treasure his supremely professional, kind, regular, informative, insightful, and helpful contributions to the forum.  As they say in California, here's a big "shout out" for Lars. 

We also look forward to the materials Matteo is preparing.

Mark and Kim

Anthea (41/59)

09 December 2013 - 08:35

Lars,

A big Thank You for always being here when we are in need.  I really don't know how we would keep our yachts in the fine condition they deserve without you.

David  43/12

• Threads : 1701
  • Members: 820
  • Online Members: 0